Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful to be here, right now, in the present moment of my experience
I am thankful that I have amazing friends and family
I am thankful to have had the opportunity to take this trip
I am thankful to have made new wonderful friends along the way
I am thankful for the beauty and wonders in the world around me
I am thankful there are concerned active people who speak up about the injustices in the world
I am thankful that I am not alone and will never be alone, in my journey toward making the world a better place, even if in some small way
I am thankful to have the opportunity to cook and eat healthy locally-grown organic food today
I am thankful for everything and everyone who has played a part in my journey of over 1,000 miles over the past two 1/2 months


I am very thankful to have the opportunity to share a Thanksgiving meal tonight with a family near Burlington, after having met the wonderful matriarch of the family, Susan, at a yoga class this morning. Yep, Burlington, VT is where I've been for the past few days and I plan to be here for another week. Sophia, an awesome girl I met on Couchsurfing.com has generously allowed me to stay in her apartment while she spends the holiday with family. As she said, travelers need to support each other on their journeys - and I am so thankful to have seen this support in action throughout my trip!

I will share my thanks on this day and will strive to be conscious of all aspects of my experience today, especially as relates to my intake of food.

Respecting your food = Respecting your body

No comments: